Registrieren  |  FAQ  |  Suchen  |  Mitgliederliste  |  Benutzergruppen  |  Login 
Neue Antwort erstellen
 LV MUSIC: Area native is Billboard's top Adult Pop Songs artist in past 15 years- The morning call- 21. März 2011 
little friend
Alleskönner!

Antworten mit Zitat
http://articles.mcall.com/2011-03-21/entertainment/mc-homepage0321-20110321_1_nickelback-doylestown-native-pink-fifth-song

LV MUSIC: Area native is Billboard's top Adult Pop Songs artist in past 15 years

March 21, 2011|By John J. Moser, OF THE MORNING CALL

Fifteen years after Billboard magazine started its Adult Pop Songs radio airplay chart, Doylestown native Pink this week has tied Nickelback for most No. 1 songs in the chart's history with her chart-topper song "F---in' Perfect."

Not only that, but one of those songs, 2007's "Who Knew," is one of the chart's Top 40 songs of all time, Billboard says.

Billboard compiled the statistics to mark the 15th anniversary of the chart, which debuted in the March 16, 1996, issue.

"F----in' Perfect" is Pink's fifth song to top the Adult Pop Songs chart, after "Who Knew," 2008's "So What," 2009's "Sober" and "Raise Your Glass" in January. "Who Knew" ranks as the chart's No. 40 song of all time.Pink has had an amazing nine other songs hit the chart, first hitting it in 2002 with "Get the Party Started." Her 2009 song "Please Don't Leave" just missed No. 1, topping off at No. 2.

Her total of 14 songs on the chart betters Nickelback's total of 13.

Nickelback topped the chart with 2005's "Photograph" (the chart's No. 19 song of all time), 2009's "Gotta Be Somebody," 2004's "Someday" (the chart's No. 20 song of all time), 2006's "Far Away" and 2007's "If Everyone Cared." But it had three songs that went to No. 2: 2002's "How You Remind Me" (which is the chart's No. 34 of all time), 2006's "Savin' Me" and 2009's "If Today Was Your Last Day."

Like Pink, Nickelback also first hit the chart in 2002. Nickelback played Allentown Fair in 2005.

Pink, who was born Alecia Moore and attended Central Bucks West High School, may be the chart's only singer with local ties, but several other of its biggest artists, like Nickelback, have played in the area.

In fact, Maroon 5, which plays Musikfest on Aug. 6, has the chart's No. 23 song of all time with 2004's "This Love" and its No. 21 song with "She Will Be Loved" from the same year.

Train, who played Musikfest in 2006 and Stroudsburg's Sherman Theater in March 2010, had the chart's No. 2 song with 2001's "Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)." That song was among four No. 1s that Train has had. It spent 14 weeks at No. 1 and 75 total weeks on the survey -- the most among the 1,681 songs that have appeared on the chart.

The song that topped the list was 2005's "You and Me" by Lifehouse.

Lifehouse has played Musikfest in 2002 and Allentown's Crocodile Rock Cafe in 2003 and 2008. The year "You and Me" came out, Lifehouse was supposed to headline Allentown's Mayfair festival, but lead singer Jason Wade took sick with the flu when they hit the city, and the band canceled.

For the entire Top 40 all-time list, go to Arrow http://www.billboard.com/#/column/chartbeat/the-top-40-adult-pop-songs-1005077862.story.

Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 2 Stunden  
Seite 1 von 1  

Neue Antwort erstellen